The City of Johnstown does not pick up recycling. If you have questions regarding your recycling pick up you should contact the Fulton County Department of Solid Waste at 736-5504, or visit their website: Fulton County Department of Solid Waste
|Ward||Garbage Pickup||Recycling Pickup|
|Ward 1||Friday||1st & 3rd Thursday – north end|
|Ward 2||Wednesday||1st & 3rd Thursday – north end|
|Ward 3||Tuesday||1st & 3rd Friday – south end|
|Ward 4||Thursday||1st & 3rd Friday – south end|
Not sure which ward you are in? View the City of Johnstown Ward Map to find out!
If you have questions or concerns regarding your pickup please call the City Engineer’s Office at 736-4014.
Things to remember regarding garbage collection:
- Must be placed in front of your residence no later than 6:30 a.m. on the day of your scheduled collection. Our employees begin working at 6:30 a.m. and garbage collection begins at that time; there is no scheduled route or time your garbage is collected so please be sure to plan accordingly.
- Clear plastic bags must be used.
- Only household garbage is accepted. Examples of items not considered garbage are: yard debris, construction material, appliances, electronics, paint, needles, etc.
- If your scheduled collection day falls on a holiday. We will do a double pickup either the day before or day after the holiday; Notices are sent to the Leader Herald to inform the public of the pickup day.
- NO NEEDLES – please contact Fulton County Pubic Health @ 736-5720 for disposal options.
- Residential pick-up only. No businesses, organizations, etc.
NOTICE: New York State Law as of January 1, 2012
Private and Municipal haulers are no longer allowed to dispose of electronics in the landfill. Therefore, the Department of Public Works can no longer pick up electronic items with household garbage; a free electronics recycling location is available at the Department of Solid Waste for residents to dispose of these items: Electronics Disposal
In addition to the electronics disposal the Fulton County Department of Solid Waste offers the following programs for Fulton County residents:
Latex Paint Exchange
Hazardous Household Waste Disposal
Clean Wood C&D Disposal Program